There are several ways to take CBD, from edibles to vaping to letting it be absorbed through the skin. One of the most popular ways to get your dose, however, is through CBD tinctures. Since CBD has only really been around as a product that can be bought and sold legally for a couple of years, we are all on a bit of a learning curve with regards to consuming it.
Tinctures might be a new thing for some people, but they are becoming trendy amongst CBD users – and for a good reason.
What is a CBD Tincture?
CBD or cannabidiol is a natural cannabinoid which is found in the cannabis plant. It can interact with our endocannabinoid system to enhance its functionality. The endocannabinoid system is useful for many things, including helping to regulate systems such as the immune system, central nervous system, our mood, inflammation, bone density, and sleep.
We are still near the beginning of medical research about the endocannabinoid system and how it affects the body, but research shows that CBD can help it to work properly, giving our general health a boost, as well as help to deal with other more specific health problems.
A tincture, by definition, is “a solution of alcohol or alcohol and water, containing animal, vegetable, or chemical drugs.” In this case, it is infused with CBD.
People quite often use the words ‘CBD tincture’ and ‘CBD oil’ interchangeably, but there is a slight difference between the two. Pure CBD oil often doesn’t include alcohol, with the two main ingredients being CBD and carrier oil for better absorption into the body. The amount of alcohol is a tincture is so low that you won’t feel any effect from it.
How Are CBD Tinctures Made?
CBD tinctures are made by steeping hemp flowers which are rich in CBD in alcohol. This is then left to infuse for a certain amount of time, before the alcohol is burned off, leaving a very potent liquid, brimming with CBD and other compounds of the cannabis plant. Some producers prefer to use CBD isolate, which will give you a ‘pure’ CBD – which might sound great, but actually can be less effective than CBD products made with some of the other compounds in the plant.
Once the alcohol has been burnt off, any additional flavorings are added to the mixture, which is then bottled to give you a potent, effective, CBD rich tincture. Some people then mix in oil, which helps the CBD to be absorbed into the body.
How to use CBD tinctures?
CBD tinctures are designed to be used sub-lingually. This means that the dosage should be dropped under the tongue and held there for 2-3 minutes. Although it won’t cause you any harm if you swallow it, the effect will take a lot longer to work. If taken sub-lingually, the CBD is absorbed into the bloodstream through the lining of the mouth, meaning that it will come into effect within about 15 minutes.
CBD tinctures are quite handy, and the bottles are generally small enough to be carried around in your pocket. This means that they are also a discrete way to take it if you’re out and about.
Why use a CBD tincture?
There are many reasons why people decide that they want to try CBD, from wanting to give themselves more energy to help with pain relief or anxiety. This is understandable as it is non-addictive, safe to take, and won’t get you high.
Here are some of the reasons why a CBD tincture might be the delivery method for you:
- It is small, portable and discrete – Compared to some other CBD delivery methods, a tincture is small and compact, coming in a small bottle and usually with its dropper included. You can fit it into your bag or pocket and get a top up wherever you are. There is no smoke or vapor to draw attention to you, and you can administer it quickly.
- Easy to calculate dosage – Taking your CBD through a tincture makes it is easy to calculate your dosage accurately. Just fill up the dropper with your desired amount then ensure that you take the total amount under our tongue.
- Quick to work – After vaping, CBD taken sub-lingually is the next quickest way to get it working. Instead of having to go through the digestive system or the skin, the CBD is absorbed through the lining of the mouth, which has many blood vessels near the surface, meaning that it is effective very quickly. This means that it is a good option for people hoping that it will help them with pain relief, stemming anxiety, or helping to sleep.
- Taste – Compared to some CBD oils, tinctures often come with flavors added to take away the bitter and ‘grassy’ taste of the CBD.
- Longer shelf-life – In comparison to other CBD products, CBD tinctures have a longer shelf-life. This means that even if you take very small doses, you won’t waste any.
CBD Oil has numerous therapeutic and medicinal benefits. CBD tinctures are practically the easiest method of taking CBD Oil. There are no adverse side effects. However, research is still being conducted to discover more benefits of CBD. Make sure you consult your doctor before you try CBD products.
Where should I buy CBD oil from?
CBD industry is unregulated. This has given rise to many companies who provide fake products. We want you to be healthy and safe while using CBD oils. We use CO2 extraction to guarantee purity. Our products are not just natural but also 100% safe.
Not sure where to find CBD? Try CBDOILS.com for high-quality CBD oils!