The Best CBD for Pets: Cannabidiol For Canines
You’ll want to make sure any CBD oil for hyper dogs is extracted from industrial hemp plants. Industrial hemp is a variety of cannabis that is rich in CBD but has 0.3% or less THC by dry weight, so it won’t harm your pooch or get it high. These industrial hemp plants are harvested, processed to extract an ultra-pure CBD oil, then formulated to create products for your companion’s biochemistry and flavor preferences.
How CBD Helps Hyper Pooches
There’s no one reason dogs are hyper. “Hyper” behavior can manifest in a variety of ways for a variety of reasons, so knowing the exact cause of the behavioral problems can be difficult; but luckily, you don’t necessarily have to know the reason for the behavior for CBD oil for hyper pets to be effective. The reason for this is how CBD acts with your dog’s system to promote their overall wellness.
CBD does not directly affect CB1 or CB2 receptors; rather, it signals your dog’s body to produce the agonists for those receptors itself. These receptors are positioned along with both the central nervous systems and other peripheral systems where they play a role in the proper function of many other bodily systems. When the endocannabinoid system is out of balance, the whole body is, which is why supporting its function with the best CBD for pets helps them in so many ways.
Results Shown By CBD
- Promotes A Happier, Calmer Demeanor – When a dog is not content, much like a human child, it acts out. This can present as aggression, whining, accidents, and chewing, among other bad behaviors. Concerned owners, unable to talk to their pets, often mistake this for hyperactivity, when it’s really just general malaise the dog has no way to communicate or cure on their own
- Eases General Anxiety – Much as when it afflicts a human loved one, generalized anxiety can be hard to understand with your pet. Rather than a specific, determinable source of concern, you’re left in the dark as your pet suffers. This anxiety can show up as a nervous disposition, easily set off by the smallest noise, anger toward humans and pets around them, or bad behavior that is simply meant to distract them from their feelings. CBD oil for hyper dogs can help ease their anxieties. The result is a pooch that is better equipped to regulate its behavior.
- Helps Support Aging Dogs – As dogs age, a myriad of health concerns can show up. From arthritis to skin conditions, digestive issues, and even cancer can impact their health, leaving them with bodies that feel very different than they did when they were a pup. Just as with aging humans who experience a midlife crisis, aging pets can act out, seeking to regain their fading youth.
- Aids In Controlling Excess Energy – CBD oil for hyper dogs can still help if your dog is truly hyper. Some dogs just have more energy than others, and they don’t know what to do with it. While this is more prevalent in certain breeds which were bred to work for generations enthusiastically, it can show up in any dog breed at any time. When there isn’t a positive outlet for all that energy, they will find a negative outlet instead.
The best CBD for pets helps calm even the most hyper dogs. By evening out their demeanor, helping them deal with their energy, and leaving them more restive, their impulse control has a chance to keep them from misbehaving or acting out. You still get your energetic companion, but without the path of destruction, their unbridled energy caused.
- Helps Mitigate Nervous System Issues – Sometimes hyperactivity masks nervous system issues that make it hard for your dog to relax and stay still. They can be subject to tremors, spasms, and tics that make calming down impossible. Whether it’s a constant affliction or a condition triggered occasionally, the result can be a companion animal that won’t settle. CBD oil for hyper dogs helps the nervous system function properly. Its calming effect can ease these unintentional, unwanted movements, making it easier for your dog to get some much-needed relief and rest.