Cannabinoids are usually considered as drugs that cause psychoactive effects. People know cannabinoids for all bad reasons. A few years ago, using any kind of cannabinoid could even land you in prison. However, not every cannabinoid should be despised as some of the cannabinoids do more good to the human body than bad, CBD is one of them.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol or CBD is one of the 113 identified cannabinoids found in the Cannabis Plant. It accounts for 40% of the plant’s extract. Studies and researches on CBD suggest that the compound is quite effective in treating various illnesses and disorders both in humans and animals. Some major health issues, including epilepsy, chronic pain, depression, and anxiety can also be cured using CBD. CBD does all these things without causing any psychoactive effect.
Benefits of using CBD regularly –
- Improves Mood – Whether you’re an entrepreneur or an employee at a business, you can’t retain a good mood every day. You will lose your cool at some point, which could be because of various reasons. Using CBD can help you keep your calm even in adverse situations.
- Fights Anxiety – Getting nervous or worried at every big occasion isn’t abnormal. People of all age get anxious whenever they come across adverse situations. CBD fights stress hormones and helps individuals get rid of anxiety.
- Builds Concentration – Not being able to concentrate for a long time can result in serious failures. Either at work or in school, one must pay attention to everything served to them. Using CBD for a long time can increase concentration power in an individual.
- Increases Appetite – Too much stress is injurious to health. It could lead to many health issues, decreased appetite is one of them. Continuous use of CBD can increase appetite in an individual within no time.
- Restores sleep – Sleeplessness is quite common among youth. A tiring day at work or too much stress can result in sleeplessness. Using CBD in proper amount can help regain normal sleep.
Apart from these, CBD can also help in getting rid of inflammation, chronic pain, depression, etc.
Does CBD cause any psychoactive effect?
Unlike other cannabinoids, CBD doesn’t cause any psychoactive effect. There is a reason behind this. Our own body produces endocannabinoids that bind with the two cannabinoid receptors, CB1 and CB2. CB1 receptors are dominantly present in the Central Nervous System, whereas, CB2 receptors are mainly found in the Immune System and peripheral tissues. CBD, being one of the cannabinoids, binds more with CB2 receptors and less with CB1 receptors (if it does at all). On the other hand, THC or Tetrahydrocannabinol, another cannabinoid found in the Cannabis Plant, binds with CB1 receptors that are present in the brain. As a result, it causes a psychoactive effect and CBD doesn’t.
Where to buy CBD products?
Hundreds and hundreds of CBD products have flooded the market in recent years. From oil to cream, companies have infused almost every product with CBD. You can shop for CBD products on different websites that offer CBD products. However, you must do a bit of research before placing your order on any such website.