Why CBD Bioavailability Is Important?

CBD, with its numerous health benefits, can drastically improve the quality of your life. Thousands of people are vouching for this all-natural remedy — however, its important to know what you’re taking. As far as CBD is concerned, bioavailability is a critical aspect to look at. 

You cannot have complete knowledge about the effectiveness of CBD products without delving into their bioavailability. To make things easy, there exist different forms of CBD products; ranging from lotions and creams, tinctures, edibles such as candies, and capsules.  

To receive the maximum effect, you must ensure that the maximum amount of the chemical compound is absorbed into the bloodstream. That is what bioavailability in a nutshell.  

CBD Delivery Methods: The Varieties

Specialists believe that the intravenous administration of CBD products offers the best bioavailability. It is thought that this option guarantees 100% delivery of the chemical compound, initiating almost instant effect. However, most people are jittery about the idea of pricking their skin with needles whenever they want to administer CBD. To make this process easy, multiple forms of CBD are available.

CBD Edibles

The most common way of consuming CBD products is oral consumption. Usually, edibles come in multiple forms, such as gummies, candies, beverages like coffee and teas, and even cakes. Despite its popularity, it has one main shortcoming; the fact that the products consumed go through the body’s digestive and metabolic system. In this process, a substantial chunk of CBD is filtered out, decreasing its bioavailability tremendously. 

A 1986 study kept the rate of bioavailability of CBD products through oral consumption at just 6%, while some believe it ranges between 4% – 20%. For instance, if you were to consume 100mg of CBD oil, at 20% bioavailability, it is projected that only a paltry 20mg will actually enter the bloodstream, with the rest 80% lost through the digestive process.

Sublingual administration

This delivery option mainly involves placing CBD oil drops, lozenges, or tinctures under the tongue and allowing it to get absorbed by the sublingual gland into the bloodstream. This is relatively a more direct method of administration with a rapid impact than oral consumption and therefore ensures a higher bioavailability rate, ranging between 12% and 35%.

CBD Vaping

Vaping of CBD products for sale has become very popular, especially among mature male adults. This method requires a vaporizer device or a vape pen. In this method, the vapor is inhaled directly into the lungs, and CBD goes straight into the bloodstream. Experts believe that vaping has higher bioavailability, ranging between 34% and 56%, depending on the CBD concentration in the vape.

Things to check before choosing a CBD consumption method

There are several factors that come into play when selecting CBD products for sale, besides bioavailability. While CBD oil drops may be administered sublingually for a higher bioavailability rate, it might not be the best option for children due to the rather unpleasant taste of the oil.  

It is also paramount that you check the CBD concentration in the products you are purchasing; the lower its concentration, the lower the bioavailability. While it might cost you slightly more, at least you are guaranteed better results and fast. 

Final Word

Before purchasing CBD products for sale, always think about the time it will take to deliver the expected relief. Conditions such as pain and anxiety definitely require quicker relief, and therefore, you have to go for consumption methods with higher bioavailability rates such as vaping. 

Leave a Reply